As you begin the New Year, please keep the following in mind:
1) Everybody doesn’t share your sensitivities and priorities
2) Everybody doesn’t subscribe to the same code of ethics that you abide by.
3) Everybody doesn’t speak the same love language as you.
4) Everybody isn’t offended by what offends you and some people are offended by things you’re okay with.
5) Everybody doesn’t have the same obligations, demands, and responsibilities as you.
6) Everybody doesn’t have the same advantages, freedoms, and luxuries as you.
7) Everybody doesn’t make the same assumptions as you.
8) Everybody isn’t dealing with the same issues you’re dealing with and some people are dealing with issues you’re completely unfamiliar with.
9) Lastly, some people have secrets. Some of those secrets are none of your business. Some of those secrets which are none of your business may affect the way others behave. Some of those behaviors, which are based on secrets that are none of your business, will never make sense to you. This, too, is a part of life and it must be factored into all judgments you make.
Here’s Today’s Two Cents:
Whenever you’re tempted to feel self-righteous because YOU think “I would NEVER do something like THAT”, just remember that everybody isn’t YOU and that this is a GOOD thing.
Diversity, as annoying as it is to YOU at times, is what makes the universe an abundant place.
The appreciation of it, is your highest form of wealth.
Your Inner Self