After our recent session on What Makes the Praxis Education Experience Unique, Derek Magill and I got together to discuss the Praxis advising experience.
Topics of discussion include:
- How we choose our Praxis advisers.
- What’s the role of an adviser?
- How Praxis approaches leadership and how the differs from the traditional student/teacher relationship.
- Why personal development is just as important to us as professional development.
- The value of getting 1-on-1 attention in your education experience.
- Why we approach education from a learner-oriented perspective rather than a teacher-orientated perspective.
- How Praxis differs from both online learning and conventional schooling.