Here are a few of the topics we discussed:
- What does it mean to be an optimist?
- Must one deny reality in order to be positive?
- Do most people examine their beliefs?
- What’s the best way to show someone that they have errors in their beliefs?
- Why it’s so important to focus on the meaning of words.
Steve describes himself as somewhat pessimistic about others while I tend to be more optimistic. Here’s what he had to say about our discussion:
It’s no secret that I am a curmudgeon. My motto is that “everybody is wrong all the time about everything.” However, this extreme skepticism might be a mistake. To challenge me, I’m joined by T.k. Coleman, who is arguably the most positive and optimistic thinker around. While I say, “People contradict themselves all the time!” TK says, “People don’t actually contradict themselves.” Great interview.
It was a fun discussion indeed. I hope you enjoy.