I have two episodes of Office Hours that I’m excited to share with you this week:
In the first, Isaac and I talk about the power of daily challenges and we answer the following four listener questions:
- How do I get a job after a failed startup?
- How do you answer a question about weaknesses in a job interview?
- I’ve been at my current job for three years and my boss has never brought up the topic of giving me a raise, is this a bad sign?
- I have so many things to do that I often feel overwhelmed and don’t get started on anything. How do I start working towards my goals?
In this episode, we cover topics like non-zero days, daily challenges vs. big end goals, going from a startup failure to finding a job, what are employers are looking for when they ask applicants about interviews, how to ask for a raise, taking responsibility for assessing your own worth in a job, getting overwhelmed by wanting to do too many things, and much more.
In the second episode, Isaac and I riff on a recent blog post by Isaac about the idea of work-life balance and then answer the following questions:
- How do I find my passion and make my family proud?
- How do you ask more relevant questions and take action according to the answers?
- How do you tell your family an important truth that you know will disappoint them?
In this episode, we cover topics like the guilt lurking behind work-life-balance questions, what it means to do good for your family, the danger of trying to make your family proud, taking responsibility for your professional development, asking for critical feedback, why parents are invested in their kid’s decisions, why respect is more important than approval, and how to be clear about what you want going into a hard conversation.
You can check out this episode below:
I hope you enjoy and I look forward to hearing from you.
Create a great day,